Friday 29 April 2016

A Diet Primer: Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic or Paleo

A Diet Primer: Vegetarian, Vegan, Organic or Paleo

Are you…working to slim down and feel better? Reviewing the food choices you make and how they affect your health? Concerned for the environment and your personal impact on it? Looking for a healthier lifestyle?  The first thing that likely deserves consideration is your diet.  But there are so…
See all stories on this topic

Tales of Catharsis: The Diet and Exercise Talk Follow Up.

Just as a quick recap, here is what happened in my last story. If you already read it, skip ahead, past the jump: Last month was my birthday. I’m getting fairly far into my late 20s now, and while not in perfect physical health myself, I’m not overweight or moving anything more than an extra 10 or so pounds than what I could be at. Basically, I have a tiny bit of pudge around my waist because I like cookies, cupcakes, and icecream, but I don’t indulge so often that I pack on the pounds. Anyways though, I head back to my parents place for a birthday dinner, and to see my family as per usual. I personally don’t care where we go, so the choice made is for Outback Steakhouse. We all order entrees, and my parents get a side of onion rings because that’s what they really come here for. All in all, I really don’t eat much at dinner most nights. I have a decent sized lunch, then most nights will make myself a couple sandwiches with some milk or a glass of water. Tonight, I get this. The Grilled Chicken on the Barbie, and it’s fucking fantastic. Literally the best chicken I’ve had in as far as I can remember, grilled real well, and seasoned flawlessly as it comes apart smoothly in your mouth. It comes with a side of fresh broccoli which isn’t my favorite, but is actually really well prepared, and isn’t smothered in butter sauce or anything, so I’m ok with it. As we’re all eating, the topic of weight and exercise again comes up because they want to tell me about what they’re doing with it. I listen to what they tell me, and how they’ve hit a new record in completing a mile in less than 15 minutes for the first time in almost 20 years. I nod and tell them that’s a good sign, and they should keep it up, but they mention how they haven’t lost any real significant weight yet. I ask how their portion sizes for meals are coming along. To which they say they don’t really keep track. So we talk about that for a few minutes, how the majority of weight loss is more about eating better than it is about exercise, and how getting all the food they did tonight is probably setting them back quite a bit. To which my step-dad quips that I can only say something like that because I’m anorexic… … now I don’t think from the way he said that, it was meant as a dismissal of what I’m proposing as a problem for their lack of weight loss. I’d actually be surprised if he knew the signs and symptoms, and wasn’t just taking a stab in the dark about how I have managed my own weight. I think it’s more his mouth stating something that he thinks is true, but doesn’t know for sure, and has been something he’s been thinking about. The reason I believe this is because I don’t eat much around them comparatively. At Mission BBQ I didn’t really eat anything. At Thanksgiving last year, I only had one serving of most of the food, except the cranberry sauce which is my favorite part personally. And tonight, I had only eaten maybe one and a half of my chicken breasts and some of the broccoli. They weren’t huge chicken breasts, but like I said, I usually eat a lighter dinner. So in a way, I feel like he said it because he thinks I have a problem, but really he can’t tell that I’m just not gorging myself like he has for so many years and doesn’t realize it isn’t normal for him to do that. But I’m getting a bit off topic here… I really don’t reply to that comment other than to say that I’m not, and that I just don’t eat all that much and never have. The subject moves along for a few more minutes, and then changes to something more family binding; politics… and the rest of the night goes like most people would expect when having dinner with their family. We get home, and my sister’s light is on, so I go talk to her, but that doesn’t really have much to do with this other than us just trying to figure out some things, catching up for a few minutes, and her basically telling me she wants nothing to do with their exercise routine, eating habits, or any other life choices. Basically, she’s checked out a long time ago, and it’s looking like it’s going to be on me, at least until shit hits the fan. Then maybe we’ll see. For now, that’s all I really have. I haven’t seen my parents since last month in person. For obvious reasons, I try to avoid the whole situation, and just live my life as my own. This story isn’t as full of fat logic so much as just an update to how 2 fat people living their lives looks like from an outside perspective. I try to be sympathetic because I can’t know exactly what goes through their mind, but it definitely takes its toll on my mental well being and typing this out helps a bit. I have stories that have happened in the past over the years, but some are so far back that I’m fuzzy on the details and can’t say that they would be accurate representations so much as me just telling things from a memory that has aged. I still want to write the ending for the Entitled Taker story I shared a while ago, but I need to actually put all the bits my old roommate told me together so I can actually have something coherent. I’m not even sure if I’ll be able to post it here though because from everything I’ve heard, the epilogue will be about more him being a food hoarder, and being a disgusting human being, and less about fat logic and obesity… although I guess they are somewhat related in his case.
See all stories on this topic

Diet menu planner

Diet menu planner the investigators adjusted each mans diet along Weight loss testomonials?. Weight loss tips for teenager, to burn off remainder of …
See all stories on this topic

Coca Cola/Low Iodine Diet

Genetic test can help doctors determine who can safely avoid treatment after surgery I used coconut milk in my coffee- I could not find anything not allowed with the brand I bought. Update: Some coconut milks have Carrageenan in them. This is a thickener made from seeweed so watch out for that in the ingredients… I was on the low iodine diet last summer.  Since I am a Diet Coke addict, I called Coca Cola, to speak directly with them about the product.  It took a few transfers, but eventually they assured me that there is no RED DYE #3 in Diet Coke.  I hope that helps.  I wish I had saved the phone number.  Good luck on the diet.  Try to get the food “ready” before you start the diet. I am a diet coke adict as well. I wahooo’s when I read this. I am on a low iodine diet for my RAI scan in two weeks. I had Papillary carcinoma. My Thyrodectomy was April 10 2015. So far no cancer. Wish me luck! Oh, by the way. Last time I went through this I was super strict on myself. I wanted the radioactive iodine to work. I didn’t eat or drink anything that might contain iodine. It was harsh. This time around. I am having my diet coke!! :-)  When you track a discussion, you will get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to track this discussion? If you stop tracking this discussion, you will no longer get notified by e-mail if anyone else posts a new message on this discussion. Are you sure you want to stop tracking this discussion?
See all stories on this topic



from http://www.commercialspy.com/a-diet-primer-vegetarian-vegan-organic-or-paleo/

from
http://onlineshoppingnewsfeed.tumblr.com/post/143619561613

No comments:

Post a Comment