Thursday 28 April 2016

Overhearing people in work talking about the new diet they're trying always reminds me of this.

Overhearing people in work talking about the new diet they’re trying always reminds me of this.

Overhearing people in work talking about the new diet they’re trying always reminds me of this. (i.imgur.com) submitted 3 hours ago by oavicious [–]AreWeAfraidOfTheDark 130 points 131 points 132 points 2 hours ago* (20 children) We become addicted to food without even realizing it, or recognizing it as an addiction. If you’re trying to cut out junk food / eat less just remember the first two weeks of withdrawals are the worst. After a while your body will adjust and it will become much easier for you. It really is as simple as eating less calories and exercising. Women also have to fully realise that gaining weight at certain times is absolutely natural and healthy. Society puts on pressure to conform to a certain stereotype just as it does with men but it is the person’s responsibility to not allow themselves to be influenced by that model. 80% diet, 20% exercise. Exercise mostly keeps you healthy, it’s intake you need to adjust for weight loss. As someone who lost a bunch of weight because I stopped being depressed, got help, and started eating better, this is true. I’m 45lbs down in 4 months, granted I wasn’t a ‘My 600lb Life’ candidate or anything, those people would die to be my size (and some have). Literally the only thing I changed was what I eat. I don’t exercise hardly at all, maybe getting a few walks in each week around my neighborhood. Finding the willpower to actually pay attention to what I was eating was the hard part. I just had to take it one day at a time. Today I didn’t eat anything with sugar. Goal complete! Next day, same thing. Goal Complete! It became a habit, habit became a new routine. Suddenly you’re 6 pounds down in a week and there you go, keep it up! Expect to be brigaded. They love to down vote reality. People do not realize that by making small changes you can get a slow stable rate going that pays off years from now. Instead they put all their faith in those unstable crash diets that are structured around a few weeks. It really is, I disgust myself. I look at the scale and damn near cry some days. I say I’ll do something about it then I go to work and get pop Tarts and mountain dew for breakfast. Former fatty here. Completely agree. We are creatures of habit. Breaking the habit of eating what you what when you want and actually making the effort to exercise more is definitely the hardest part. For me, the first 2 weeks of a new diet are the worst. Once you have that under your belt, it’s really not that hard. [+]lbtrigger comment score below threshold -8 points -7 points -6 points 2 hours ago* (8 children) [–]AreWeAfraidOfTheDark 10 points 11 points 12 points 1 hour ago* (4 children) Eating less and moving around more is an easy concept, actually doing that is what people have trouble with. The hard part is doing it daily for years. The easier* part is making the changes that begin to yield results. (For me it was dialing back 500 calories that gave the progress I wanted and am on my 63rd week and counting.) [–]LiopleurodonJuice -1 points 0 points 1 point 4 minutes ago (0 children) I always get bummed out when I hear people talk about calorie trackers and scales. It always works at first, but then they revert. People don’t use it long enough to eventually phase it out once you understand what healthy portions look like. They get tired of counting, don’t learn healthy habits, and gain weight again. I will say easy is relative. If people simply cooked food instead of eating frozen/canned sodium-infused meals they would see results, assuming the cooked meal isn’t just lasagna, mashed potatoes, and garlic bread. a) eat sweet things other people bring in to work (brownies, cake, etc.), but act as though it’s through no choice of their own b) get angry at other people bringing in these things, since they are compelled against their will to eat them [–]PrettyGrlsMakeGraves 2 points 3 points 4 points 8 minutes ago (0 children) There’s also a weird backlash when you refuse the things people bring in, or lunches with junky food, snacks, etc. You get almost judged for not indulging like the rest of the “team”. I don’t eat the donuts, candies, etc, but people can get a little pissy over that stuff. Like there’s some grand offense, because no, Brenda, I don’t want to eat your bundt cake. I’m sure a recovering alcoholic wouldn’t be pleased if you brought booze to work either The worst part is, eaten fat isn’t even where a persons fat comes from. I have no idea when this nonsense started. Sugars and insulin are what manage fat in the human body. Removing healthy dietary fat from your diet like that will just lead to increased food cravings and usually as a result, bad food choices. Makes me chuckle when I see large people at the checkout with chocolate bars and a can of diet coke like that’s going to even it all up or something. I’m not saying there aren’t better choices than Diet Coke, but it’s also not the worst choice to have made. I dont care one way or the other what they buy I just find people’s logic sometimes a little amusing. If they’ve found a way to turn a 300 calorie snack into 150 and they’re currently losing weight, so be it. You have no way of knowing that while chuckling to yourself in line. Why people gotta hate on diet coke. It’s infinitely better than drinking a regular filled with calories. Maybe if they use the excuse “I can eat more because I got a diet coke”, then sure, they fucked up their logic, but otherwise it’s a perfectly healthy choice. [–]compuhyperglobalmega 0 points 1 point 2 points 3 minutes ago (0 children) People are weird with diets and don’t always understand how they are supposed to work. I’m just a failure at diets due to my own laziness and attempts but when I stay on point, I get results. This last run before my whole life got flipped up on it’s self (was basically homeless for 6 months, YAY!) I did Paleo due to I have PCOS and that helped pull the extra insulin from my body that was storing it as fat and I dropped 4 pant sizes in half a year. -Don’t use anything that isn’t natural, so use fruits to provide sweetness to your diet, not artificial sweeteners -Not cheat days, cheat meals. Three meals a week eat something off your diet. No… not the HUGE plate of chili cheese fries that have calling your name like a sexy mermaid siren. Just a little something different, so jump start your metabolism -Healthy fats are good for you. Repeat it; healthy fats are good for you. Avocados, animal fats (from bacon!), nuts, etc. -You want some bread, EAT BREAD! Just don’t eat a whole basket of rolls… because we all want to but we gotta say no. -Walk. Every day. If not walking some sort of physical activity every day. Around the block? Awesome. Do that. Doesn’t take long and you’ll feel better. -Women; not loosing weight like everyone else? Ask your doctor to check you hormone levels. Seriously you’d be surprised. -No diet works unless you add activity. Your body will feel starved if you don’t get it used to using this new diet, and that’s when cheating happens. -Finally, fuck it. Are you comfortable with yourself? Rock your body out. Who gives a shit anymore it’s 2016, people are going to bash everyone else CONSTANTLY, you’ll end up as a meme on twitter, or someone will say something hateful. So we might as well enjoy life as we can. Eat those chili cheese fries… and share some with me! Sugar is the most dangerous legal drug on the market. Unlike tobacco, it’s still has a pretty innocuous appearance. Plus it’s in EVERYTHING. [+]Lynneo777 comment score below threshold -8 points -7 points -6 points 2 hours ago (1 child) We have a FATTEH in our office across the lobby. Everytime I see her I say to myself FATTEH!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahaha We have a couple of cows that use the handicap ramp for walking and drink mountain dew heavies.
See all stories on this topic



from http://www.commercialspy.com/overhearing-people-in-work-talking-about-the-new-diet-theyre-trying-always-reminds-me-of-this/

from
http://onlineshoppingnewsfeed.tumblr.com/post/143547382343

No comments:

Post a Comment